Entrepreneurs and SMEs in Vejen Municipality
tel. + 45 30 112 177
Key words Supporting entrepreneurship, unique selling point, competitive advantages, education/training
Main problems to be solved (analysis)
The SMEs in Vejen are often very capable of developing and producing products of high quality, but when it comes to sale and marketing the tradition and practise is not well developed.
Policy frameworks to be dealt with/fitting in
Aim of the project
The aim is to strengthen the companies to be better at sales / marketing, thereby supporting them in the development and growth of their business.
50 entrepreneurs and SMEs in Vejen within a variety of lines of business are following the programme and/or are developed and implemented strategies for sale and marketing
(Expected) outcome within the WP
To encourage SMEs to develop new commercial products and processes
(Expected) outcome for the region as a whole (impact of the project)
Planning 2010 - 2011
Costs 10.000 euro
Financing Vital Rural Area and Vejen Municipality
KEY QUESTIONS LIST
1 Which successes were achieved so far in the pilot project?
- A number of companies have been trained and improved their skills in sales and marketing
2 What are the expected boundary conditions for the project to be implemented?
- Using the presented tools is an on-going and for many companies a new process, so there must be an on-going focus on implementation in the individual companies.
3 Which related projects can be studied or consulted (other innovative best practice examples) before starting to think on implementation?
- The INTERREG 4A project VAILLL, where focus is on developing and e-learning course for entrepreneurs, among other things regarding sale and marketing, - www.vailll.de
- Internet marketing in Rural Areas - http://enrd.ec.europa.eu/policy-in-action/rdp_view/en/view_projects_en.cfm?action=detail&backfuse=jsview&postcard_id=6520
4 What is the applicability / transferability of the project?
- Sale is a challenge for many companies regardless of frontiers, where the presentation and implementation of a number of specific sales tools will sharpen business focus.
5 Which tools does the project bring in to alleviate / help starting up implementation elsewhere?
Step by step
- Identifying theneed for training in sales / marketing in the local companies
- Identifying the relevant courses
- Preparation ofcontent / expected outcomes of a structured sales effort
- Cooperationwith relevant teachers / lecturers
- Facilitating the course; Where, when, duration etc.
- Marketing material; brochures, advertising, direct contact, etc.
- Administrationof participants
- Conducting the series of courses
- Increased sale is an on-going challenge for many companies, so the courses developed in the project, now continued outside the project.
b) what are the benefits of the project seen from the Profit, Planet, and People side?
Date of production of this format – latest version 19.4.2013